Professional Parking Lot Maintenance Bristol VA company
Get a FREE quote!
Your asphalt parking lot can provide a safe, visually appealing environment that can leave everyone who sees it with a favorable impression of your operation. If you want to continue to attract and retain the best tenants, customers, or employees, you will need a parking lot maintenance plan.
What Is Parking Lot Maintenance?
Basically, parking lot maintenance is everything you do to protect and beautify your pavement. It also covers your efforts to enhance safety in your parking lot and reduce your legal risks. Because no two parking lots are completely identical, we tailor our recommendations to the precise needs of each client. Some of the most common parking lot maintenance procedures are asphalt crack repairs, sweeping and cleaning, asphalt sealcoating, and line striping and pavement markings.
What Are the Benefits of Common Parking Lot Maintenance Procedures?
Virtually all parking lot maintenance procedures serve more than one function. For example, some help protect your pavement from damage and make your parking lot safer. Others enhance your parking lot’s aesthetics and safety.
- Asphalt crack repairs help prevent water infiltration that can lead to alligator cracking, potholes, and foundation damage. Furthermore, large cracks can trip pedestrians.
- Sweeping and cleaning will make your parking lot more attractive, safer, and less prone to damage. Cleaning up oil stains can help prevent slip and fall accidents, but it is also a protective measure to prevent damage to your asphalt.
- Asphalt sealcoating enhances traction, blocks harmful ultraviolet radiation, enhances your parking lot’s appearance, and helps prevent damage from automotive fluids.
- Line striping and pavement markings help you make your parking lot compliant with federal and local laws. They also make your parking lot safer, help you keep traffic flowing in an orderly manner, and help protect parked cars from door dings and other minor damage.
How Frequently Are Asphalt Maintenance Procedures Needed?
There are several factors that impact the timing of asphalt maintenance procedures. These factors include the volume of traffic your parking lot supports, your pavement’s age, and the care that your pavement has received in the past. Below are some average intervals for typical parking lots.
- Asphalt crack repairs should be performed as soon as possible. You should never leave a crack open to the weather for more than approximately six months.
- Parking lot sweeping schedules can vary from daily sweepings to monthly sweepings. Leaked automotive fluids should be removed within six months if you sealcoat your pavement. Without sealcoating, clean them up within approximately two months.
- Asphalt sealcoating usually lasts about two years. However, if you see evidence that your sealcoating has failed, you should not wait. If your sealcoating flakes off, cracks, or peels, you can be relatively confident that it has failed.
- Line striping and pavement markings should last roughly two years. They should be repainted immediately after sealcoating, whenever they suffer significant damage, or once their visibility is reduced by 25% or more.
Tri-State Asphalt Paving would be happy to assess your parking lot and create a maintenance plan for you. We are a highly respected local company known for superior work and outstanding service at competitive rates. Our services include asphalt paving, parking lot striping, sealcoating, asphalt overlays, concrete paving, asphalt repairs, and driveway and parking lot paving. If you are interested in receiving a free quote, fill out our request form online, or send an email to Admin@TriStateAsphaltVA.com. If you prefer to call us, you can do so at either 276-494-1406 or 276-451-1895.